In preparation, I invited a hungry McDonald’s loving friend, so the food wouldn’t go to waste. Surprisingly at
Two employees got involved, and I used a stopwatch that recorded 4 minutes and 31 seconds. She treated me with suspicion at first, and almost laughed at my order, but when realizing I was serious, she turned her attitude around, and treated me courteously. She honestly said she was unsure as of how to go about the four pickles, and went to ask another employee, who explained himself very clearly and even offered to give me five pickles, but I replied that it won’t be necessary. The order was completed correctly. I opened the burger to verify that four pickles were present, and ate a few salt-less fries.
I would rate order preparation, communication, and coordination highly. The order was prepared well, and met my expectations. They employees communicated professionally both to each other and to me. Coordination is key in this type of environment, and they performed and coordinated well. Customer service would get a bit of a lower rating from me, because I feel that the cashier should treat every order the same, and should view every customer equally regardless of how odd his or her order may be.
As a consultant, I would focus on improving customer service. When a customer visits a McDonald’s restaurant, he or she mostly interacts with the cashiers, and that is what he or she would base his or her experience on. Therefore, improving customer service is crucial to a patron’s satisfaction. Specifically in improving operations during special orders, I would make a few changes. I would come up with a better flow, or a protocol for specific requests, so that the employees don’t have to stop what they are doing to ask another employee for instructions. More importantly, I would train all of the employees, and make sure they are all aware of the procedures for special requests.

No comments:
Post a Comment