Writing blog entries for this class definitely made it more interesting. Writing your thoughts and evaluating your classmates' thought beats any other assignments I have had in Baruch. I'm sure that not everyone feels the same way, and they might feel they have better things to do, but I for one didn't mind, and actually enjoyed writing and reading blog entries. Also, by reading other people's entries, you can tell whether they enjoyed it, or thought it was a waste of time.
I definitely agree that we interacted with people we wouldn't otherwise interact with. Especially after the last blog assignment, where we had to respond to people we have gotten to know in the class, I realized that I know more people, and know them better in this class, than any other class this semester. Its interesting to read that people agree or disagree with you, and how people react to the same situation differently.
Without the blog assignment, we probably wouldn't think about the in-class activities beyond that class. This way, we got to reflect on what we learned in class, and it got embedded into our brains better.
I didn't take the outside reading via the blog as lessons per say, but just read them for my own knowledge and interest.
I definitely appreciated the ability to control 20% of my grade. Tests give everyone anxiety, me being no exception, so the less weight put on exams, the more i benefited.
Most likely, I will not continue using the blog. The blog was set for the purpose of this class, and the people that have read it, attend this class. Even if i continue to write in it for my personal use after this semester, no one besides the students of this class, would understand what i wrote about thus far.
Overall, I found it beneficial, and i believe it gave people that aren't likely to participate and speak up in class, a voice.
I definitely agree that we interacted with people we wouldn't otherwise interact with. Especially after the last blog assignment, where we had to respond to people we have gotten to know in the class, I realized that I know more people, and know them better in this class, than any other class this semester. Its interesting to read that people agree or disagree with you, and how people react to the same situation differently.
Without the blog assignment, we probably wouldn't think about the in-class activities beyond that class. This way, we got to reflect on what we learned in class, and it got embedded into our brains better.
I didn't take the outside reading via the blog as lessons per say, but just read them for my own knowledge and interest.
I definitely appreciated the ability to control 20% of my grade. Tests give everyone anxiety, me being no exception, so the less weight put on exams, the more i benefited.
Most likely, I will not continue using the blog. The blog was set for the purpose of this class, and the people that have read it, attend this class. Even if i continue to write in it for my personal use after this semester, no one besides the students of this class, would understand what i wrote about thus far.
Overall, I found it beneficial, and i believe it gave people that aren't likely to participate and speak up in class, a voice.

No comments:
Post a Comment